This Privacy Notice is for:
It tells you what we do with your personal data, the legal bases we use for our processing, how long we keep it and your rights as an individual.
Highlights Productions is a Rural Touring Scheme, an arts charity, based in Cumbria and operates in Cumbria, Northumberland and County Durham. We are a registered charity in England and Wales and our registered charity number is 1100920. We are committed to keeping the personal details of our artists, supporters, donors and volunteers safe. This policy explains how and why we use your personal data, to ensure that you remain informed and in control of your information.
What we collect
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our website, register on the website, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our website. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website related activities.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our website, such as the operating system, the Internet Service Providers utilized and other similar information.
Web Browser Cookies
In addition, you/your organisation may give us information about yourself/an individual which is particularly sensitive. This is called ‘Special Category Data’ and the law says that this needs extra protection. It is likely to be (but is not limited to) information about health, for example dietary needs or disability. Individuals attending training courses/being given personal support may choose to give us Special Category Data about themselves.
How we use collected information
Highlights may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
• To run and operate our Website
We may need your information display content on the Website correctly.
• To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
• To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Website.
• To improve our Website
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
• To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Website feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
• To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We may share with third parties for marketing or other purposes. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
If you have booked onto an event at another venue through Highlights, we may share your information with that venue for ticketing purposes.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Website. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
You have rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. These are:
• The right of access. This is commonly referred to as ‘subject access’. You have the right to make a request to see all the personal data that Highlights holds about you. You can make this request verbally or in writing and we must respond within one calendar month.
• The right to rectification. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address and we will promptly record your request and amend our records if required.
• The right to erasure. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. You can make this request verbally or in writing. This right only applies in certain circumstances.
• The right to restrict processing. This right only applies in certain circumstances. If we agree to restrict your personal data for one or more purposes we will store it but not use it.
• The right to data portability. This allows you to obtain and re-use your personal data for your own purposes across different services. If you would like us to transfer your personal data electronically, we will do this. It only applies to information you have given us, which we hold electronically and where Highlights is the data controller.
• The right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. You can make an objection verbally or in writing. You have the absolute right to stop your personal data being used for direct marketing.
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. Highlights does not use any of your personal data to make automated decisions or to create a profile of you.
How to complain
If you are unhappy about the way we handle your personal data please let us know verbally or in writing by contacting us at the address given below.
We will explain how we have processed your personal information and if we have made a mistake will tell you how we will put this right.
If you are still dissatisfied, you may report your concern to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by contacting:
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF
Tel. 0303 123 1113
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us at:
Highlights, Unit 3, Mostyn Hall, Friargate, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7XR
Tel: 01768 353954
Email: [email protected]
This document was last updated on 9 July 2021